You are here: Home / Parent Council / Parent Council Minutes

Parent Council Minutes

Tuesday 8th November 2016



Attended:  Laura Lawson, Susan Matthew, Lynsay Dolan, Jaclynn Swan, Babs Webster, Barbara Smith, Leanne Hammond, Nicky Redmond, Jacqui McCracken, Mrs Falconer, Ganiu Ibidunni, Jenny Ramsay (FOOSC).

Apologies: Brenda Healy, Mark Elder, Mairi Moran, Kelly Kelbie.

Laura welcomed everyone.


1. Minutes from previous meeting; All agreed.

Money to be donated to FOOSC asap.

Susan phoned re the invoice for the ties, the head office of the company to now generate the invoice.


2. Bank/Money and Donations

As mentioned before, invoice to be received for ties.

No further action or follow-up at the moment.

Laura advised we spoke to Karen about the bank and she advised us that on ParentPay there is an available 'space' for Parent Council funds, which means this is held on ParentPay through the school. This would give easier access to the funds and also ensure when any changes within the Parent Council this would continue. Commitee all agreed to this. It was agreed once we receive a statement from the current bank account and then can see the amount, we can arrange to withdraw this as we have done previously and place this into the ParentPay account.


3. Christmas Fayre

Newsletter going out tomorrow, Babs and Laura to action this.

Christmas Decoration letter also coming out tomorrow.

Donations are needed for Toy Stall.

Laura advised everyone to keep/give copies of the receipts to her so we can check from year to year what is purchased.

Fayre details; 10 a.m. - 12 noon

Entry - Adults - £1, Children - 50p


Lucky Dip - Babs organised, 100 for boys and 100 for girls, gifts to be wrapped. 50p a go.

Toy Stall - Ran from donations. P7's keen to help. Various prices.

Raffles - Possible Beauty Hamper, Food and Drink Hamper, Toy Hamper. £1 a strip.

People to be contacted for donations- Local Hairdressers, Baynes, Chemist, Beauty by Sonya, McDonalds, Iceland etc. Jaclynn generously offered to go to majority of these places. Laura will draft a letter for donations.

Tea and Coffee - Brenda (TBC) and Mrs Falconer to run. Brenda knows what to purchase for this. Free with entry ticket.

Babs also mentioned setting the tables up in the Community Room also on the Friday.

Cake and Candy - Letter to be issued for baking. Various prices.

Arts and Crafts - Jacqui to organise, to include sun catchers, windchimes. Various prices, Jacqui to make price cards for this stall.

Face Painting and Glitter Tattoos - Susan and Laura. £1.

Sweet Tombola - using the playing cards again. Jaclynn and Wendy. £1 for 3 shots.

Laura mentioned the new sweet cash and carry Hancocks, they are quite reasonable for purchasing sweets to bag for this.

Hot Dogs - Babs. 50p each.

Babs will purchase 14-16 tins. Jaclynn will bring in her slow cooker again also. Wendy, Support Assistant to help too.

Santa's Grotto - Sue and Jenny to be elves. £1.

This will be on the stage again. Jenny to ask if her husband, Alan will be Santa as our previous Santa not keen. Ganiu and Mark Elder to arrnage the photos. Ganiu asked that we have more light in the background for the photos as they were quite dark last year. Big tub of sweets required for this.

Games - Staff to possibly help, this is TBC.

Babs mentioned extending the games down towards the gym hall. Some Christmas orientated games to be included this year.

« April 2024 »